Who are we?
We’re a group of staff who are collecting the stories and every day experiences of fellow staff, individuals, and families. All to find out where there is the need and desire for change.
We won’t stop there. We will work together to make & test solutions that bring to life the changes we most want to see.
Click on the names to read our bio’s:
As staff, we think we can always do better to make the lives of the people we support (and our own) easier and more fulfilling.
Whether it’s about how we do paperwork, or communicate with families, or engage in community, there’s always room to think and do things differently.
We want Kinsight to be a place where everyone – staff, individuals, and families – feel supported to continue to learn and grow.
We’ll be spending the next 10 weeks listening to the experiences of staff, individuals, and families. We think the best ideas for change will come from the bottom-up, not the top-down.
At the end of the 10-weeks, we’ll play back what we heard and collectively reflect on the best starting points for change.
How to get involved?
- Check out our story station @204, @Simcoe or @King Ed.
- Fill out our survey here: bit.do/kinsight
- Meet us on Mondays 1.30-3.00pm at the Grounded Space studio at Simcoe
* This isn’t just talk. We’re committed to action. We’re using an approach called human-centred design that’s all about making & testing ideas. It’s the same approach that Google and Facebook use to develop new products & services.
* This is staff-to-staff. We’re your peers. We’re working with and for you without judgement or a hidden agenda.
* What comes out of this won’t be a workplan that gathers dust on the shelf but actual workable practices.